GRAFOIL is pure graphite.No fillers or no binders, nothing to leach out or harden. It is free from corrosion, embrittlement and aging.The gaskets and packing made from Grafoil can perform successfully even under extreme conditions.
- They can withstand from -2000 C to 18500 C or as high as 30000 C in the absence of oxygen.
- They are resistant to all aggressive media such as highly concentrated acids, solvents and hot oils.
- They are resilient across entire temperature range of any length of time.
- They are not susceptible to cold or hot flow at the highest permitted surface pressure.
- They are unaffected by radiation and are recommended for use in nuclear plants.
- They are permitted to use in conjunction with oxygen.
- They are physiologically inert.
- Flange distortions are compensated.
Operating Parameters :
- Temperature : -2700 to 30000 C
- Pressure : up to 685 Kg/cm2.
- pH Value : 0 to 14.
- Vacuum : 710 mm of Hg.
Grafoil is available in a variety of forms for versatile maintenance and OEM applications.
- As endless or split gland packing rings and self sealing rings.
- As cut gaskets to suit specific requirement of pipe flange gaskets, bonnet gaskets, sight gage glass gaskets etc
- As self adhesive gasket tape for flanges,pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc.
- As pipe thread sealants
- Maximum Sealability.
- Absolute Reliability.
- No Fluid Losses.
- Negligible Downtime
- Extended Equipment Life.
- Enhanced Plant Safety.
- Long Service Life.
- Minimum maintenance.
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Thermal Power Stations
- Self Sealing Rings
- Bonnet Sealing Rings
- Hard Packing (HD) and Soft Packing (SD)
- Metal Inserted Gaskets
- Wire Mesh Inserted Gaskets
- Spiral Wound Gaskets
- Oblique Cut Grafoil Gaskets
- Grafoil Tapes
- Temperature -200 … +3000 degree C
- Pressure up to 10,000 psi
- Chemical pH 0-14
- Vacuum 28" Hg.